Day One – Monday
- The team advertised that the Crowd Hitter will be picked at the Monday Game.
- Called my two buddies and made arrangements to go to the game.
- Bought great seats at the park and got and filled out the Crowd Hitter entry form.
- Deposited the entry form.
- Before the sixth inning started the draw was made and they called my name and I won!
- For me the thrill of a lifetime!
- We all took out our smart phones and called and emailed everyone we know and told them the great news.
- The camera man filmed us, after the sixth inning it was shown on the center field scoreboard.
- The team representative told us to meet her at the souvenir stand after the game to get instructions.
- I received the following rewards:
- 2 tickets for the Tuesday game;
- Jay’s team baseball hat;
- Jay’s team baseball shirt;
- Jay’s team autographed bat and ball;
- Four buddy passes.
- My friends each received a ticket and a buddy pass for the Tuesday game. They got the free ticket because on the entry form there is a space to fill out “whom did you come with.” So my friends are also winners.
- The buddy passes allow my friends to come near the dugout after my swings to celebrate with me and we all sing “Take me out to the ballgame” as the camera is filming.
Day Two – Tuesday
- I went with my 2 buddies Tuesday morning to the local park and they threw batting practice to me so I would look good when my turn came up tonight.
- During the day I was getting calls from friends and relatives wishing me luck and the first four that phone that wanted to buy tickets for the game tonight I promised them Buddy Passes.
- All seven of us arrived at the Rogers Centre at 5 p.m.
- I was dressed in the Jay’s hat and shirt.
- I was led behind the Batting Cage just before the last batter was finished. The camera started to record the event.
- After the batter finished on his way to the dugout he shook my hand and wished me luck.
- I went into the batting cage and the batting practice pitcher threw me ten easy pitches and I hit seven of them.
- The six friends joined me near the dugout for the celebration and the camera kept recording and it was a memory that will last us all a lifetime.